Régulo Millán Puentes
"T here are few men for whom collective causes are incentives of effort, of devout consecration and of daily sacrifice. Regulus in our profession, he has been one of them ". Dr. Rafael Viera Moreno
HIS PROFESSIONAL PROFILE
Dr. Régulo Millán Puentes, Certified Public Accountant of the National Faculty of Accounting and Economic Sciences of the National School of Commerce of Bogotá, was one of the founders of the first National Faculty of Accounting and Economic Sciences of Colombia in 1952, as well as of the Central Board of Public Accountants created in September of 1,956, where he served as President and Secretary General for 29 years.
HIS CONTRIBUTIONS TO SOCIETY
Régulo Millán Puentes, was the first public humanist accountant in Colombia, professional Journalist and graduate in Philosophy and Letters from the Pontificia Universidad Javeriana, he became the most important ideologist of the profession.
Throughout his professional life he was distinguished with various national and international recognitions; Without a doubt, Dr. Régulo Millán Puentes, is and will be recognized as "The Father and Leader of Public Accounting in Colombia".
- In 1951, he was co-founder of the National Institute of Public Accountants of Colombia, designated as its first executive secretary, founder and co-editor of the magazine "El Contador Público".
- Author of the books "The History of Public Accounting in Colombia", "Accounting as a science", "100 years of Scientific Research in Accounting".
- He was one of the founders of the Central Board of Public Accountants created in September 1956, serving as General Secretary for 21 years.
- Manager and creator of the Academy of Public Accountants in 1953 and the National Union of Accountants in November 1956.
- He led the movement that achieved the issuance of Law 145 of December 30, 1960, where the public function of the profession was regulated.
- He was one of the founders of the first National Faculty of Accounting and Economic Sciences of Colombia in 1952.
- He became the most important ideologist of the profession.
THE PUBLIC ACCOUNT TODAYIt continues to emerge as one of the most useful and most desirable developing sciences for those who aspire to higher education.
Certified Accountants in Colombia
of Public Accounting in Colombia
By year of the Public Accounting career in Colombia
His works that set the tone of the profession, its past, how it was cemented, the efforts and its achievements, but more importantly, with the permanent research will allow to have a forum that marks the step, that clearly shows the profession of accountant what must be done to strengthen it.